A Wealth of Member Benefits
Arts Club members enjoy numerous benefits, not only as part of the Arts Club community here in Washington, but as part of a network of arts organizations throughout the United States and Europe.
The Arts Club welcomes members from all professional backgrounds, all of whom share an interest and enjoyment of the arts.
Membership offers a wide variety of benefits.
• Member dinners are held twice monthly, and feature programs that range from classical music to jazz to theatrical performances.
• Member lunches coincide with performances of the free Friday Noon Concert series. All meals are prepared by the club’s own chef.
• Members have access to more than 25 reciprocal clubs in the United States, Canada, England, Scotland, and Ireland, many with accommodations.
• The club offers members and their guests the use of two comfortable guest rooms.
• Members may use the club as a location for their own personal or business entertaining. After one year of membership, facility rental fees are waived.
• The club’s roster of member committees provides many opportunities for involvement. They include committees focused on artistic disciplines; on the preservation of the James Monroe House; and on scholarships and awards, including the club’s prestigious Marfield Prize, the National Award for Arts Writing.
• Two annual members’ exhibitions are highlights of the gallery season.
• A painting studio is available for use by members
• Member artists in all media may exhibit and sell their work in the cooperative Spilsbury Gallery.
• Validated parking is offered for weekday evening club events.
• Reduced membership fees are offered to members under the age of 35; individuals outside of the metropolitan Washington area may become nonresident members.