The Arts Club welcomes members from all professional backgrounds, all of whom share an interest and enjoyment of the arts.
Membership offers a wide variety of benefits.
• Member dinners are held twice monthly, and feature programs that range from classical music to jazz to theatrical performances.
• Member lunches coincide with performances of the free Friday Noon Concert series. All meals are prepared by the club’s own chef.
• Members have access to more than 25 reciprocal clubs in the United States, Canada, England, Scotland, and Ireland, many with accommodations.
• The club offers members and their guests the use of two comfortable guest rooms.
• Members may use the club as a location for their own personal or business entertaining. After one year of membership, facility rental fees are waived.
• The club’s roster of member committees provides many opportunities for involvement. They include committees focused on artistic disciplines; on the preservation of the James Monroe House; and on scholarships and awards, including the club’s prestigious Marfield Prize, the National Award for Arts Writing.
• Two annual members’ exhibitions are highlights of the gallery season.
• A painting studio is available for use by members
• Member artists in all media may exhibit and sell their work in the cooperative Spilsbury Gallery.
• Validated parking is offered for weekday evening club events.
• Reduced membership fees are offered to members under the age of 35; individuals outside of the metropolitan Washington area may become nonresident members.