Weddings that Reflect History—And You
The Monroe House has been host to memorable weddings and important Washington social events of all kinds for more than 200 years. (Newly elected President James Monroe welcomed guests to his inaugural reception held in the second-floor parlors.) The house’s beauty, history, and tradition make it one of the city’s most unique locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions, a warmly inviting mansion full of character. And it’s also a venue that offers couples many ways to reflect their own distinctive personal styles and outlooks on their special day.
The historic and elegant surroundings include a sweeping front-hall staircase, well-appointed reception rooms, and art-filled galleries, as well as a garden and patio for the perfect outdoor setting. Executive Chef Ken Kievit will collaborate with you to craft the perfect menu that matches your tastes and budget. We’re happy to work with your wedding planner, and can also provide recommendations for vendors of many kinds. Behind the scenes, our experienced staff stands ready to make sure that every detail is perfect—and that your wedding day is one that makes history.
- In-house event coordinator
- In-house catering
- Complimentary event equipment
- Complimentary white linen
- Competitive, inclusive pricing
- Experienced and dedicated staff
- Ideal for 40 to 200 guests
- Outdoor ceremony and meal for up to 200
- Interior ceremony and meal for up to 120
- Seated and buffet meal options
- 4-hour minimum on Saturday or Sunday