2014-2015 Call For Entries
The Arts Club of Washington continues its support for the Visual Arts with our Call for Entries for 2014–2015. Exhibitions are scheduled monthly from September 2014 through May 2015. These exhibitions provide opportunities for artists to display their works and allow the Arts Club to present a variety of visual arts to gallery visitors.
Open to all active and living artists.
Deadline for Entry
Monday, September 2, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
Two-dimensional works in all media, styles, and techniques are acceptable. Overly delicate, large or heavy hanging works may be accepted at the discretion of the Exhibitions Committee Chair. Limited, small sculpture that can be displayed on a mantle may be accepted. Artwork should be representational of what the artist plans to exhibit (i.e. size, medium, subject matter, etc.)
The Arts Club of Washington features two formal galleries for exhibition use. The curator, in conjunction with the Exhibitions Committee, will determine in which gallery to display each individual exhibition. We generally accept 2 or 3 artists per month although this is subject to change.
The Club invites a panel of several independent Curators to make selections for the year and to curate the exhibits. Our curators are often associated with the National Gallery of Art, the Corcoran, the Kreeger Museum, and etc.
To enter, please submit the following application requirements to:
Arts Club of Washington
2017 I Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
Attn: Pat Moore/Nichola Hays
- Entry Fee: $30 for non-members, $15 for Arts Club members; check or money order made payable to the Arts Club of Washington.
- Résumé/ bio of individual artist(s) applying for consideration. Please include your name, email, and phone number.
- Image List Including: artist’s name, title, medium, year executed and dimensions of artwork.
- 10 JPEG IMAGES ON CD-ROM/DVD: Representative of proposed exhibit. All images must be labeled with corresponding numbers to a list including: artist’s name, title, dimensions and date of work.
All information must be submitted at the same time. Incomplete entries will not be considered.
Terms for Exhibit
- Display is restricted to gallery walls. No room installations will be accepted. Limited, small sculpture that can be displayed on may be considered.
- All wall-displayed works must be suitably framed to be hung from the rod hanging-rail system provided. This requires a secure hanging wire across the back of each work. No nails/screws, etc. are allowed in the gallery’s plaster walls.
- Painting of the gallery walls is not permitted.
- Gallery pedestals will be provided to meet most display needs for free-standing works.
- Transportation for delivery, packing, and pick-up of works is the responsibility of the artist(s).
- Installation of the works of art is the responsibility of the Arts Club Exhibitions Committee.
- Works exhibited are subject to approval by the Exhibitions Committee.
- Information necessary to organize the monthly exhibition such as images for the Arts Club’s website and newsletter, price list, and biography will be submitted by the artist in a timely manner, generally forty-five days prior to the exhibition opening.
The Arts Club of Washington will receive a 40% commission on all sales (25% for ACW members). All sales must go through the Arts Club Exhibitions Committee. Individual works may be “not for sale” (NFS) at the discretion of the artist but not to exceed 25% of total exhibition works, unless otherwise approved by the Exhibitions Committee.
Generally, our exhibits last for a month. Art drop-off and pick-up date is the Sunday (10 am – 2 pm) prior to the Public Opening Reception held on the first Friday of the Month (6:00 pm – 9:00 pm). National holidays that fall on the first Friday may alter this schedule.
Tuesday – Saturday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturdays: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Closed: Sundays, Mondays, and on official holidays.
Note: Occasionally, during normal gallery hours, the Arts Club is used for private events, receptions, meetings, conferences, etc. At those times, any or all of the galleries may be temporarily closed to the public.
Contact: Nichola Hays, Gallery Manager: (202) 331-7282 ext. 119